This Zelda parody tries to explain how Link absorbs heart containers after he defeats a boss from the Legend of Zelda games. Navi isn’t much help as she just repeats the same hints over and over again until you do them. Sure she’s helpful, but I heard her the first time. This Zelda parody had been on my mind for quite awhile. I actually made a Zelda parody comic around a year prior to creating the animation. It’s one of my favorite game series and will probably end up creating more in the future.
I hope everyone enjoys this since it took way longer to finish than I originally anticipated. I would also like to mention that I’d love to have or make some “master sword silverware” someday. Maybe a creative person on Etsy will get on that. I should note that everything in this video was created solely by me. I did all the artwork, animating, writing, and music for it. Thanks for watching!
1. The meat, blue potion, and candles in the restaurant are recreated from the original Zelda pixels.
2. When Link swears it’s covered with the rupee sound effect from “A Link to the Past”.
3. A “gyro” (pronounced yeer-oh) is a type of food and Link is known as the “Hero of Time”.
4. Master silverware is just something I wish I had.
5. Lon Lon Ale is in reference to the Lon Lon Ranch.
6. After Link eats the heart he sings along with the Ocarina of Time “acquired item” sound effect.
7. The pink fairy yells “help me” because Link always kidnaps them and keeps them in a jar.
8. The sound effect that plays during the boss battle is from the original Zelda.